My Recent Pictures

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Pictures... Again!

Well in one of the more amazing things to happen in my time here, I'm uploading pictures more than once every decade or so! These next installment of pictures come from my trip to Rajasthan. I'm here with Kim Swanson, also another Rice Grad (and a high powered one at that) who is using her Watson Fellowship to study the effects of microfinance on women. Hot, huh? Yeah, all the Indian guys think she is too... But I'm guessing it's the blond thing. Just kidding, Kim!

These pictures are from Jaisalmer, a real sandcastle of a town, crowned by the city-within-a-fort known now only as Jaisalmer Fort. The narrow streets, and the crowded markets were a lovely assault on the senses, but the 4-day camel safari into the Thar Desert was the highlight... Until it rained on us, but those stories will come later. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: